Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Post You Never Saw Coming

I've written this post about a dozen times and revised it even more. And finally I am able to make it public.

There comes a time when you start looking at things in your life really closely. The things that truly matter.

I had three resolutions this year. To lose weight, drink less and save money.

In January I started looking at my weight. I changed it. I lost the 20 lbs I wanted to lose and have keep it off minus or plus 2 or 3 lbs, but I am ok with that small fluctuation. Goal one = complete.

Onto the saving more money thing (as that was way easier than the less drinking thing.) I started clipping coupons, and then, um, failed.

So this month I went back to looking at the money thing again. And saw a pattern I didn't like. More than one of my bi-weekly paychecks goes to daycare. Another $300 goes to gas. And now, another $65 will go to preschool tuition monthly. The difference here is sadly very very small.

So goal number 2, to save more money, now has been met.

As of September 6th, I will officially be a stay at home mom, raising my boys, loving them, and teaching them new things (while I am not trying to lock them in a closet and throw away the key.)

So armed with a stack of grocery store ads, and a full bottle of vodka (drinking less goal NOT going to be accomplished this year,) I say goodbye to corporate life and hello to a life I never, in a million years, thought I'd be so excited about.

It is with a heavy heart, lots of tears (I will miss my friends terribly!) that my focus for awhile is to concentrate on a different kind of full time job. Being a Mom.

Let us now bow our heads in prayer.....

P.S. Anyone know where AA meets?

No comments:

Post a Comment